Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Pesto topped cod



I had some sundried tomato pesto in the fridge that needed using up. I had bought it and used it as a bold meal before I got back on track and I had some left. I also got some cod fillets in Lidl last night so I thought I could combine the 2 and it was delicious and ridiculously easy. So here goes:


Serves 1
7pp per serving

Ingredients:
130g Cod Fillet 
20g sundried tomato pesto (I used tesco finest, pointed it from the jar at 2pp for 20g)
10g grated parmesan
pepper

Preheat the oven to 180C. 
Season your cod fillet with pepper (the cheese and the pesto is salty enough). Spread the pesto over the top and then sprinkle with the parmasan. Bake in the oven for 8-10 mins or until the cheese is melted and the fish cooked through.


I served this with 3pp of potatoes, broccoli and cabbage and I was stuffed afterwards. You could replace or mix the parmesan with some breadcrumbs (10g of each) to make it a crispy topping, I just didn't have any. Its also so quick and easy it would be a great one to have for dinner when you have friends over. All in all this was one of the best quick dinners I've had in a while.

2 comments:

  1. I've been looking for a blog that focuses on the weight watchers diet plan, and am so pleased to have found yours. I'm looking forward to seeing your weight loss journey x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, so happy you found mine too :-) Love being able to share my journey and recipes with others!! x

      Delete