Friday, December 28, 2012

My Weight Watchers Year

I can't believe that it has been just about a year since I joined weight watchers for what I promised myself would be the last time. I am not saying that I wasn't determined in January, I was and I had a plan and a goal in mind. The thing is, there was always that doubt in my mind that said I wouldn't be able to do it. But here I am, 1 year later and 50.5 lbs lighter than I was and only 9 lbs from goal. I haven't lost every week, there have been some gains, some stay the sames and lots of small losses but what I have really learned is no matter how bad a day/week you have, if you really want to then you can get back on track. It just depends on how bad you want it. Nothing is stopping you from losing weight except yourself. That makes it sound much easier than it actually is - and easy it is not. The
problem is once you start actually believing you can't do it, then you never will. So if you really want 2013 to be the year you lose weight once and for all, the real new years resolution you need to make is to believe that you can do it.

So I have decided to post a few photos to show off my progress over the past year. Visual aid to help me jump back into it in the New Year - seeing the progress really does help with motivation.


This was taken at the end of January, I had been on the program for about a month and lost nearly half a stone. I have no photos of myself from last Christmas, and I think I avoided taking my camera out with me as I didn't want to face just how big I was. 
This was the start of March just after completing the Run-a-muck challenge. I was down a stone at this stage. I was so unfit though, I could not even jog a full kilometer. By June I was able to run every second km in the mini marathon and fast walk the others. 


This was the end of May and I was down 2 stone at this point. At the time I felt amazing in this dress but looking back am not as happy with how it looks on me, but there is a big difference between this and January. 

This was the end of June, the week after this photo was taken I hit the 2.5 stone mark. My belly and love handles are on full show but I never would have worn an outfit like this that showed my body so much.

This was the last weekend of July, I was at a music festival hence the drunken dancing. This tshirt now is slightly baggy on me. At the time it was skin tight and showed off every bump - but as you can tell I didn't care and felt pretty good to be down 2 stone 9lbs! 

Me on holiday in Crete. I don't have any pictures of me in my bikini but I had got my 3rd stone the week before we went and was so happy and confident. I was fitting into clothes I hadn't worn in years and really very happy. 
This was the begining of October, there was no major milestone here weight wise but it was the day of my 10 year school reunion and it felt amazing going back feeling good about how I looked. I got a great reaction from people I hadn't seen in years, I was always overweight in school so nice not to be 10 years later.

This was halloween this year. Halloween is my favourite time of year, and the good thing about loosing the weight is I can now pretty much wear whatever costume I want without feeling self conscious. I had wanted to do a puppet like this for years and finally worked it out. It was 2 weeks after this that I finally hit the 50lbs.  


These were both taken in the past couple of weeks. I had a turbulent few weeks after hitting the 50lbs which meant that I have been up and down and haven't actually lost any more. But to be honest I am ok with that, I had a lot going on and I knew it would be toughest time for me to lose. Also getting down to my last 9lbs is where I have always ended up stuck before so my real aim was to maintain the 50lbs which I have done. The real achievement is fitting into my smallest pair of jeans (admittedly there is some control underwear hiding the muffin top but they do fit). These are a size 10, I haven't fit into much else that is a size 10, but I am fitting more than comfortably into a size 12 and hope to end up at goal between a 10 and 12. I started out in january at a size 16-18 ( I was wearing 16's but they were getting pretty tight on me if I am being honest).

Christmas is over but there are a few more events to get through. I have over indulged but enjoyed every minute and fully expect to be up a couple of pounds at my first WI. I'm ok with that, am ready to get back on track and get these final few pounds down and get my gold card once and for all!! I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and heres to 2013 being goal year!!

3 comments: