Thursday, January 31, 2013

Revelation!!

When I first started this journey I had a goal date in mind, June of this year. The reason for this was when wedding season was supposed to be starting and I have a dress that I stupidly paid 220 euro for to wear to one christmas party back in 2007 and then never had anything to wear it to again, along with the fact that a it only fit me for about a year after that. I love this dress and I decided I wanted to wear it again and what better time than a wedding. So while I had a number in mind in reality my goal was fitting into the dress.

I was having one of those evenings where I felt HUGE!! Everytime I looked in the mirror all i saw was belly and love handles - and I was fixating on it. I had a really great day food wise, and had done lots of exercise but it was just one of those things. I needed to do something to make me feel better so I decided to do a wardobe raid and try on all of my favourite dresses. This could have gone horribly wrong, but the first dress I tried on - a Ted Baker dress I haven't worn since 2009 and was amazing back then - was actually too big for me and didn't look as great as I remembered. Its a shame as the dress is gorgeous and I only wore it once too (this I did not spend ridiculous money on, it was a gift). But everything either fit or was too big for me. And then I got to the money dress- the goal dress - and when I tried it on, not only did it fit but it fit me better than the last time I wore it.

The moral of this tale is I have been so fixated on the number on the scales I have lost sight of what I really wanted. I am within a healthy BMI, apart from a bit of toning I am happy with how my body looks for the most part (who is ever fully happy right) - so if 10stone is not where I am meant to be then I am fine. Maybe this is a good weight for my body. I will give it 2 more weeks and then really make my decision!

This is me in the dress back in 2007 - I was crammed in there but I still loved how I look in it. The next wedding I am going to is May so I will post a nw picture of me in it then!! 

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your weight loss! I think you are 100% right in your revelation! We can get too obsessed with numbers as they are something very definite. That's why WW works so well. I have x Points/day and this treat will cost be y Points. We get obsessed with the numbers!

    Numbers on the scale however don't tell us anything about how we look/feel. I can't wait to see your pic in May! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its quite a feeling I have to say coming to the realisation that I don't have to hit 10stone to be happy. I have spent most of my adult life trying to hit that number and maybe its just not meant to be.

      You are doing so well, I love your guest posts on the Skinny doll - i look forward to seeing them. There is so much support and network out there for people trying to lose weight/get healthy that it definitely makes it easier.

      Delete