Monday, February 18, 2013

Carrot and Butternut Squash Soup

I have had a SHOCKING week - it has really been that bad and I am dreading my weigh in tomorrow. First week on maintenance has been an absolute disaster, but I will save the details of that for a later post. To try and get me back on track I am here to post about the soup I have made but hardly touched because of all the rubbish food I have been eating. I don't know why I haven't eaten it because it is delicious.

I like butternut squash soup.
I am a little fussy about soup, I don't love all types of vegetable soup. I am not the type of person who can just bung a load of veg in a pot with some stock and think its delicious. So I tend to stick with what I know I like which is a lot of squash. The carrot in this is definitely the dominent flavour but I like what the squash adds to it.

Servings 4-5
Propoints per serving 0
Ingredients:

Roughly 1kg Butternut Squash peeled and cut into chunks
4 medium carrots peeled and chopped into large chucks
2 medium onions roughly chopped
1 veg stock cube
1.5tbsp garam masala
salt and pepper


Place the onions in a large lidded pot with a small amount of stock, place the lid on a cook until soft shaking the pot occasionally. Add in the carrots, butternut squash and garam masala and cook over a medium heat stirring constantly for 3-4 minutes. Add the rest of the stock (one cube made with just enough water to cover the veg) and simmer over a low heat until the squash and carrots are tender. Blend and season to taste. Simple and tasty! 

No comments:

Post a Comment