Sunday, February 24, 2013

Making good progress




I was hoping to have had a little bit more time for training but work is so busy I have ben getting home so late. Despite this I am still quite pleased with my progress. I have been for a run once a week for the past 3 weeks. The first week I managed 3.76km in 25mins - and I had to stop to walk more than once. Last week I did get up to 4.93k in 33mins, again stopping to walk more than once. This week was the best yet, 6.5km in 40mins and I managed to run the whole time. Not only that but I felt AMAZING after. I'm feeling great about the 10k in April after it and my plan now is to the 6.5k every week and try to improve my time. I only have a month and a half before the big race but after seeing the progress I have made in 3 weeks I am no longer terrified of it.

I have my kettlebells at home and I have not been using them as much as I would like. There is a gym around the corner from me, well a warehouse that does bootcamp, cardio, and boxercise classes. They are quite good value and you can do a free trial class so I am going to check it out. I am determined to really work on my fitness. I need to for maintenance to really go my way. I am struggling with food the past few weeks and I really need a kick in the backside so I don't slip back into old habits. 

2 comments:

  1. Are kettlebells easy to get into Zoe or would you need some kind of class to teach how to use them properly? Have been tempted by them loads of times but I have a bit of a history of buying gym equipment and not being able to use it properly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would definitely need a class to learn how to use them properly. And ideally a very small class where you get some individual attention. We started doing then in work with our pilates instructor (she does loads of classes at the gym she works) and she was telling us how the larger classes at the gym they don't really have time to focus on form and you won't get the benefit if you do them wrong - or worse you can really injure yourself. Even if its just one or 2 classes to give you the basic form and then so long as you keep it up regularly then you should remember it.

    I don't use mine nearly as much as I should! They are a fantastic workout though and would def recommend them.

    ReplyDelete