Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Week 2 of Maintenance!

A wee blip this week saw me up 1.5lbs. If I am being honest it should have been more. I know I can be more relaxed about things now I have reached goal, but I am beginning to worry about slipping back into old habits. I could make a million excuses for why I ate so badly last week but at the end of the day none of them really matter. They can be as valid
and real but what is going on my life will not stop the fact that if I eat too many of the wrong foods I will end up back where I started.

So this week I recognize this and make sure that this week see's me lose that 1.5lbs again. Now don't get me wrong, I know I am not going to sit at 10stone 7lbs every single week. It will go up and down as that is just the nature of our bodies. Some weeks I am going to lose the run of myself and other weeks I will be good as gold - and then there will be the weeks in between. I believe the key to long term maintenance is finding the balance. Enjoying my life in a healthy way and knowing when I need to go a bit off the rails. It all sounds so simple - If only it was.

My leader took my card away this week and next week I get the much coveted GOLD card. I am so excited. I don't think I will actually believe that I have done it until I hold the card in my hand. She said I could get my old card back if I liked. I have all my silver 7's stuck to it, so I do want it and I am going to put it with my 50lb cert on display. 

No comments:

Post a Comment