Tuesday, May 14, 2013

These Things Happen....

I was really looking forward to my weigh in this week. I had put it all out there this week and tracked 100% honestly for the first time in months. I was fully expecting to be down when I got up on the scales but tonight was not my night and there it was, I was up half a pound. I was well and truly shocked - the most surprised I have been by a gain on my whole journey.




The thing is this week I know I have been good, there is no kidding myself this week. Sometimes our bodies don't want to cooperate and it can be frustrating. I am still within my 5lbs of goal but I would like to be back at goal again. Maintenance is very hard - finding the balance is tough. I knew it would be but in a lot of ways its more difficult than losing the weight in the first place. When you are losing weight you have something definite to work towards. I am working it out though and I'm not going to let it get me down.

I have my plan done for the week. Meals planned for the next 3 days. Exercise planned for the whole week. A sheer determination to stay on track. I have only one thing standing in my way this week - a wedding. Its the unknown that makes it so difficult. The wedding itself is at 1:30pm and then onto the reception and a night in the hotel. So my plan is a healthy breakfast of fruit and yoghurt - I plan on bringing lots of healthy low point and filling snacks for the car journey between the church and the reception. I am going to enjoy the reception and have some drinks. I do not drink very often and I have been looking forward to this for a while now. I will try to be careful with food though and get back on track as soon as go to sleep that night.

If anyone has suggestions for how to survive a wedding while still getting drunk and having fun?? Share with me please!! 

2 comments:

  1. Any spirit (Vodka, Gin, JD etc) and Diet Coke for 3pps. It's my favourite... You get nearly 3 drinks for the same pps as a pint.

    Don't be too hard on yourself, sometimes these things happen. As you said you tracked (and took photos) all week so you know you stayed within your points. Being up is always a kick but when you have been so good and tracked everything is a proper roundhouse kick.

    Chin up Zoe, I know you'll be down next week. Our leader always says that its best to take the average over 2 weeks when this happens. Wait and see how you get on - don't let it dishearten you! You have done so well

    ReplyDelete
  2. When it comes to my health, I am pretty careful most of the time so it doesn't matter if I go mad on the odd day. And that's how I think people should be about weight control. What's the point in going to a wedding but you're miserable all the way through because you see the food, want the food but can't have it. Why not enjoy yourself the whole night and then get back on course when you get back. Exercise, eating healthy and losing weight should be fun and it does take time.

    If you're not a drinker then take it easy because it will have a stronger affect on you if you go too mad.

    It's quite common for people to lose weight at first then put back on a pound or so in-between. They say it can be muscles that are forming. Or maybe you was just plain hungry. Have fun mate.

    ReplyDelete