Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Missing In Action!



Things have been a bit hectic of late so my apologies for the lack of updates!! With the late evenings coming in and a lot going on everywhere else it is so difficult to find the motivation to get out training. I have realised something this month, I have never ever been active outdoors in winter. Sure when I have been able to afford it, I went to the gym in winter but I never kept the running up. And it is HARD! Its so much more difficult to get your muscles warmed so they hurt that much more the following day.


I have never handled the cold well, any hint of a draught and its over for me! So I can hardly walk never mind run. So I have come to the realisation that I will not be getting a best time for this 10k - but does that mean I am given up. Not at all. I am somehow manage to press the active button when I need to, so despite the fact that my times are not getting any better (in fact some nights they get worse) but my achievement is to stick with it and complete the 10k!

Less than 2 weeks to go and I am actually really looking forward to it! There are 8 of us signed up for it now so there will be great atmosphere on the day. There is still time to sign up for anyone who wants to join in!

My cooking has become a little bit boring of late - I haven't been trying anything new and as soon as this race is over I am going back to my experimental ways. I haven't posted a recipe in a long time so if people have any suggestions of what they would like me to try let me know!!

Finally, I am trying to raise some money for the 10k and I have a movember fundraising page going. Would be incredible grateful for any donations http://ie.movember.com/mospace/6674301


Photo courtesy of Stuart Miles / freedigitalphotos.net

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Glad to have stumbled upon your blog! I was wondering if you feature guest postings. Thanks and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hannah! I have never featured guest posts before but I would be more than interested in doing it. Its something I have thought about in the past!

      Delete