Sunday, October 26, 2014

Christmas Challenge: Weigh In 6




Another week, another 2 pounds! I am pretty happy with the way things are going, now only 5lbs above goal and 8 weeks to go. Heading into November is when things start to get a little bit more difficult. The social season begins to rear its ugly head which means a little more discipline is needed than usual. The key to this is the planning. Over the next few weeks I will be creating my own calendar of events. Planning for when I need to use my weeklies and when I need to be extra disciplined. In the past I have only really done this for December but I am going to start a little early this time.





I am back at the gym again this week and I am really feeling it. Trying to balance the gym and running is really quite tricky. I want to push myself as hard as I can in the gym, but then my muscles ache so much that I can't run. I have signed up for another 10k, the run in the dark in 2 and half weeks time. I am starting to get a little concerned. I don't want to give up the gym but I definitely felt the difference yesterday when a simple 5k run was a struggle. I need to figure this out before the 10k hits or I am worried I will be having a repeat performance of the panic attack at last years Movember 10k. If anyone has any good tips on what I can do in the gym that won't impede my running I would be delighted to hear it!



Another thing I have noticed this week was how slack I was on my running. I looked back over my runkeeper and despite the fact I was training for a half marathon my distances and frequency have been dropping since before the Flora Mini Marathon. I was so determined back then that I never missed a training session, and now I am a little more relaxed. I have no set training plan in motion and the 10k in a couple of weeks does not seem to be enough to motivate me. So I have set myself another challenge. There are 3 months left until Christmas and I am aiming to run 100 miles by December 31st. It means just over 10 miles a week which is more than doable, but I need to get myself back out as regularly as possible! 


No comments:

Post a Comment