Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June Roundup!


I swear, the year is disappearing before our eyes. We are not officially halfway through the year. Can you actually believe it. I feel like it was just January. Now here we are, summer is in full swing and I have only 5 weeks to go until my holiday. I am pretty busy at work at the moment, but as you might remember one of my new years resolutions was to finally crack the work/life balance and I am doing so well! I feel like I can totally turn off and wind down when I get home, and ramp up so easily when I arrive in work. I am no longer working 12 hour days, and only stay late when its absolutely necessary and its fantastic. It's not that my job is less stressful, or demanding but I am more realistic about what I can get done in a day. And my time management is so much better because I am not spending my time panicking about how I'm going to get everything done. I'm just hoping I can keep this going for the rest of the year. 



Another win for me has been my no chocolate/sweet challenge for June. This has been so easy, sure there have been times when I would have loved a little something sweet in the evening, but any time I feel actual hunger I just have a little bit of fruit to keep me going. I had one planned cheat day on Sunday for my lovely other half's birthday, we got a tub of hagan dasz vanilla caramel brownie (we only ate about 2/3 of the tub between us lol). Since its going so well and I really am not missing the treats, I have decided to extend my challenge until my holiday. For July however I am allowing myself 2 treat days, my birthday (I want cake) and next saturday after the half marathon (more about that later). Then when I come back from my holiday I plan to cut the treats back to weekends only and only mid week for special occasions. I had grown to depend on my treat in the evening, and I really don't need it. And tbh I like having the extra few propoints I can spend on my lunch or dinner.


At the end of May I was really struggling with a massive plateau, and just couldn't manage to get under 11 stone. This is what really led to my no chocolate challenge. So I have had a pretty great month propoints wise. I have been a tracking machine, and using my propoints on good healthy food. I have managed to lose 3.2lbs in the past 4 weeks and am now under 11stone. With over 5 weeks to my holiday I have 4.8lbs to lose to get back to goal. More than manageable, if I can just stick with it. I am pretty motivated and feeling very positive about it. 


So now for my running. It hasn't been going as well as I would like. I have been above 10 miles a week for all of June apart from the first week, but I would have hoped to get in a couple more long runs before this Saturday. My legs just feel tired all the time which isn't good. I have tried to get better about my stretching, and I think I need to work even more on that. I am going to invest in a foam roller and see if that helps things. On top of that, the heat is killing me at the moment. I tried to run on Saturday and I struggled to get my 5 miles done. I just felt like I was breathing steam - and its just getting hotter. I seriously have no idea how I am going to do on Saturday, I was hoping for a personal best but to be honest I would be happy just to get through without heat stroke! All I can do is my best, so bring it on. 

Finally, tonight is your last chance to enter my giveaway so get your entries in! I'll be announcing the winner on Friday :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment