Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Chocolate Chip & Oatmeal Cookies



Every couple of months I sort through my recent Weight Watchers and keep any recipes that I think I'll try for my recipe folders. This was a recipe I found in I think this years Easter edition and as soon as I saw it I knew I had to try it. I love to bake but really don't do it enough because of the temptation of having fresh baked calorific goodies around. So I really love when I discover a WW friendly treat to try. 


These were absolutely lovely and a really good size for 2 propoints. You get 16 cookies from the recipe, and they lasted 3 days in my house (I only had 6 of them). The recipe calls for dark chocolate chips but you could replace with milk or white if you are not a fan of the dark. I used jumbo oats as thats all I had and they worked really well. Give them a try and let me know how you get on. 

Servings: 16
Smartpoints per biscuit: 4sp
Propoints per serving: 2pp (on both plans)
Ingredients:
45g unsalted butter
75g light muscavado sugar
50g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
70g porridge oats
1 egg lightly beaten
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
80g dark chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 180C, fan 160C, gas mark 4. Line 2 baking sheets with grease proof paper.

Melt the butter over a low heat and stir in the sugar until smooth. 

Combine the flour, baking powder and oats in a bowl with a pinch of sugar. Add the butter mixture, egg and vanilla extract and stir well. Fold through the chocolate chips.

At this point the recipe said to divide into 16 balls, but my mixture was a little runny so I just spooned it onto the baking tray to make 16 cookies and they worked perfectly. 

Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Leave to cool on the tray. 

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. They taste like it too! There's actually no low fat ingredients in there so they are pretty much proper biscuits :)

      Delete