Sunday, September 27, 2015

Serrano Ham Wrapped Mozzarella Hake!



I was on my own in the apartment this week while my lovely other half worked down the country. I had a fridge full of healthy food but I was generally just throwing my dinners together depending on what I was in the mood for and what was in the fridge. So last Tuesday I had some Hake and some leftover mozzarella that had to be used up so I decided to take a bit of a chance and it turned out delicious.



I served it on a bed of BNS and chorizo cooked in the actifryer which really added to the whole dish - chorizo and white fish go really well together. It was by far the best meal for one I have made in a long time and it was super quick too! I used Hake but cod or haddock would work just as well.


Serves: 1
Smartpoints per serving: 7sp
Smartpoints on No Count: 5sp
Propoints per serving 6pp (4pp on Filling & Healthy)
Ingredients:
1 Hake Fillet (roughly 125g)
1 slice Serrano Ham
1/4 of a ball of reduced fat mozzarella sliced
a couple of basil leaves
salt & black pepper
1/3 of a medium butternut squash cubed.
30g of chorizo cut into chunks

Preheat the oven to 180C.

Place your butternut squash in the actifry, season well and spray with spray oil. Set the timer for 30 minutes and turn on. When there is 8 minutes left on the timer, add the chorizo. Alternatively you can cook the same way on an oven tray. Just be sure to turn a couple of times while cooking.

While the BNS is cooking you can focus on the fish. Lay out the slice of serrano ham and place the mozzarella & basil leaves in the centre.

Season the Hake fillet and place on top of the mozzarella and wrap the ham around the bottom. Flip it onto an oven tray so the seam is on the bottom and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the fish cooked.

Serve immediately with some green vegetables.



No comments:

Post a Comment