Monday, March 7, 2016

Weekly Meal Plan & Weigh In: The Dreaded Plateau!



I've been working really hard the past couple of months and at first the weight was dropping off me. Over the past couple of weeks I have been at a bit of a standstill scales wise. I have been 100% on plan, tracking everything and starting to really up my activity, but still no movement on those awful scales. In January I lost 8lbs and in February I lost 1lbs, bit of a difference there but no real solid reason for it. I reviewed my journal to see if I could spot anything but it was really was baffling. And while I didn't let it discourage me, I was starting to get a little frustrated. 


One thing I really forgot to do was take a step back and look at everything else. I did that thing I'm sure we have all done a million times, I stood in front of the mirror in my underwear and analysed it. Looked from every angle to see if I could see what was going on, and I could SEE a difference. I felt leaner than I had in years. Then I started trying on my tightest jeans to see how they fit - the ones that have always given me a bit of a muffin top and the ones I struggle to breathe and sit down in. Not only could I see the difference in the mirror I could feel it in my clothes. No sign of a muffin top in the first pair and the second pair fit me better than they ever have. No issue breathing or moving and I felt great. 

The journal prompts you to take measurements on week 1, end of week 5 and end of week 10 but out of interest I decided to take my measurements a week early and this is where I really saw the change. I had lost 1.5 inches on my waist, 2 inches on my hips and 1 inch on each thigh! That was it for me, I celebrated those victories and let the frustration melt away. 


Progress really can't just be measured one way. If you don't see it on the scales, check your clothes or your inches. Take progress photos (something I wish I'd done) and compare your body. List all the positive changes that have happened since you have been on your journey, having more energy, sleeping better, more confidence etc and remember these are all milestones that should be celebrated just as much as whatever is going on at the scales! Enjoy the journey, don't keep thinking about the end goal! Be proud of each and every step you take! 


Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner
Snack 2
Sunday
Poached Eggs on Toast - 9sp
Toast with Banana & PB - 5sp
Roast Beef - 19sp
Fruit
Monday
Porridge with Peanut Butter - 9sp
Chicken Noodle Soup - 5sp
Salmon with Sweet potato wedges - 15sp
Yoghurt & Fruit - 1sp
Tuesday
Scrambled Eggs & Veggies - 7sp
Chicken Noodle Soup - 5sp
Yoghurt & Fruit - 2 sp
Wednesday
Cheese Omelette - 8sp
Chicken Noodle Soup - 5sp
Yoghurt & Fruit - 2 sp
Thursday
Scrambled Eggs & Veggies - 7sp
Chicken Noodle Soup - 5sp
Broadbean & Chickpea Falafal - 15sp
Yoghurt & Fruit - 2 sp
Friday
Porridge with Peanut Butter - 9sp
Chicken Noodle Soup - 5sp
Yoghurt & Fruit - 2 sp
Saturday
Healthy Fry - 10sp

TBC



So with all that in mind I have this weeks meal plan sorted and the fridge full of all the lovely healthy things I need! I have less than 2 weeks until my friends wedding so organisation is key! Back out running to build up as many fit points as possible and going to use my weeklies on healthy extras rather than junk and treats just to give a bit of a boost. (With the extra running I do need to eat my weeklies to ensure I am fueling my body properly). Links for any of the recipes that are online in the meal plan above and I promise there will be 2 new recipes posted on here by the end of the week! 

Have a lovely week everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment