Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Weekly Meal Plan & Weigh In: November Week 4



This week started out fantastic and has gone a little downhill since my weigh in on Thursday evening. I managed to lose 1.5lbs this week, which is great and means I just need to lose half a pound to get  myself back into the 5lb of goal range and no longer have to pay for meetings. I went to bed on Friday feeling pretty motivated and great, and woke up the same. But then on the way to work my car started to act up. I had agreed to go to my in laws for dinner that night and then when I left work my car got worse. After waiting in the cold for my boyfriend and his dad to come, we got the car to his parents house (and then home later that night) but I was definitely feeling a little sorry for myself and probably ate a little more than I should have. I had 21 SmartPoints left for the day, so it should have covered it, but I was feeling a little guilty by the time we got home. 


Saturday morning came and we were having my parents up to the new house for the first time and I was really excited. We managed to get the car to and from the shops to pick up food and then a strange smell started to come from the exhaust and I figured that was it and no more driving. But I was looking forward to the night with my parents so I put it to the back of my mind and soldiered on. We had a lovely night and I used up all my weeklies as planned, but then I woke up on Sunday and remembered all about my car. I again slipped back into the mood of feeling sorry for myself and spent the day grazing. I tracked my main meals which used up all of my 30 SmartPoints but have no idea what was consumed in between. I got myself back on it yesterday but since my car is in the garage and I had to leave for work stupidly early to get the bus, I haven't been able to run all week. I have that bloated full feeling since Sunday and I am not hopeful that I will be losing that half pound I so wanted on Thursday. I have my car back and I will be out running again in the morning and again on Thursday to try and do some sort of damage control. 


We are now only 34 days until Christmas!! How did that happen? And I am officially booked up for every weekend between now and then. Some weekends for multiple events. I know I am not going to lose weight every week, and there are some weeks that despite my best intentions I will be lucky to even stay the same. My plan is to stick to my 30 SmartPoints on the days I have no events. Try to cut back on sweet treats mid week and use my 30 on real food. On the days that I do have something on, I will be trying to eat bulky low smart point foods to make sure I am  not going out hungry, but also so I save as many Smart Points as possible. Finally I need to up my running game. Clock more km's per week and get back into a rhythm. I thought I had signed up for the run in the dark through work tomorrow, but it seems I got missed (I should have known when I didn't hear anything after sending one email back in August saying 'Count me in' but hindsight is wonderful). Though to be honest I am SHATTERED and I am a little relieved. I have definitely signed up for the Fat Turkey Run on December 27th, so that is what I will be working towards over the next 6 weeks. 

My meal plan is a bit all over the place this week. Trying a couple of new recipes out and back to an old lunch favourite that I haven't had in ages - roasted vegetables & quinoa. Have a great week everyone. 



No comments:

Post a Comment